IEDC/EDA Economic Development Ethics Workshop
When is a free lunch not a free lunch?
As Economic Developers we hold the public trust and must carry out our duties in a manner that is above reproach.
How do we promote an ethical culture in our organization? What are the key components of an ethics program? How do we develop a Code of Conduct?
What are some ethical issues that may arise in your economic development role?
This IEDC/EDA training session will:
• provide guidance on the importance of integrity in decision making;
• provide tools for making ethical decisions;
• discuss the 12 tenets of the IEDC Code of Ethics;
• use interactive case study examples to demonstrate ethical decision making in difficult situations; and
• describe the Policies and Procedures adopted by the Committee on Professional Conduct (CPC) for IEDC Code of Ethics enforcement
NOTE: This workshop is a recertification requirement for Certified Economic Developers (CEcDs). For more information on the CEcD certification, visit www.iedconline.org.
Facilitators: Sara Chamberlain, EDA & Brett Doney, IEDC
#406, 917-85 Street SW Calgary, AB, Canada T3H 5Z9
Toll Free Phone: 1-866-671-8182
© 2023 Economic Developers Alberta | Sitemap