As you look ahead to your September calendars, Economic Developers Alberta (EDA) would like to remind you our next ONLINE course, Business Retention and Expansion, begins September 9.
Business retention and expansion (BR&E) is a primary economic development strategy that supports the development and growth of the business community. The result of a strong BR&E strategy is a healthy and thriving business community which in turn provides a long term sustainable community foundation.
Read about the course and register here.
Business Retention and Expansion
September 9 - October 7, 2014 (for a total of 15 hours)
Online through the University of Calgary.
Here are some of the key outcomes:
- Explain the rationale for BR&E programs
- Identify options for BR&E programs
- Determining types and sources of data that support the selection and development of BR&E programs
- Recognize the critical nature of ‘red flags," and the need to respond
- Explore the concept of business incubation, entrepreneurism, and nurturing home-based businesses (HBBs)
- Identify the tools and resources that can help economic developers support and sustain business
- Identify how to plan, establish and manage a BR&E program
These online courses are offered by Economic Developers Alberta (EDA) and are eligible for credit towards the Management Certificate-Economic Developers offered through the University of Calgary in conjunction with EDA.