In eight days, Economic Developers Alberta's (EDA) online course, Economic Development Establishing the Foundation, begins. Sign up now to secure your spot.
Economic Development:Establishing the Foundation
May 6 - June 3, 2014 (for a total of 15 hours)
This course will provide you with the basic strategies to apply community-driven economic development principles in your community.
Here are some of the key outcomes:
- Identify what economic development is
- Determine your role in the function of economic development
- Examine the principles and theories of economic development
- Explain the concept of community economic development (CED) versus traditional economic development
- Identify how projects link into the continuous process of community-driven economic development
- Describe the key elements of an economic development strategic plan
- Identify the tools and resources that can help economic developers successfully meet local development challenges
In 2014 EDA is offering several online courses; read about them and register by clicking on this link.
These online courses are offered by Economic Developers Alberta (EDA) and are eligible for credit towards the Management Certificate-Economic Developers offered through the University of Calgary in conjunction with EDA.