Economic Disaster Resilience and Recovery
Thank you to the community of Three Hills for booking this course for your community.
If you would like to book this course for your community, simply email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disasters do not discriminate. Floods, wildfires and other natural disasters can happen without warning. Factory closures, cyber security breaches, pandemics and major industry shifts can also cause significant economic disruptions.
Are you prepared? A disaster can happen anytime, anywhere, and its economic impacts can be catastrophic. This course is designed to help elected officials, economic development officers and other community leaders prepare for and recover from a disaster. It delivers both theoretical and practical steps to help lessen damages to your local economy.
Who should attend?
- Economic Developers
- Elected Officials
- CAOs / City Managers
- Emergency Managers
- Chamber and other business support organizations
- Urban planners
- Economic development committee members
- Civic organizations
- Post secondary institutions
- Other key community stakeholders that have a role to play in business and economic recovery
Why this format is convenient:
- There are two live zoom calls from 7 to 830 at night.
- Then the rest of the time they can do the content at their own time.
- It is a five week course with an assignment at the end.
- You will get credit for the course and a certificate and hardcopy manual.
Instructor: Leann Hackman-Carty and/or Natalie Gibson