Economic Developer of the Year
Call for entries January 2, 2023
Entry Fee: There is no entry fee for this category.
Deadline: Friday, March 10, 2023 at 4:30 PM MST
The application form will be enabled January 2, 2023
Awarded to an individual who has made significant contributions to economic development within the province of Alberta. Any member in good standing may nominate one or more candidate(s) for consideration.
Any EDA voting member who is in good standing and resides in Alberta.
The following criteria are considered as part of the nomination process:
• Years in the field
• Economic development studies
• Professional accomplishments, service to the profession, and relevant community involvement
• Demonstrated innovation and creativity in the profession
• Letters of commendation and other supporting documentation
The nomination package must include:
• Submission of the online nomination form
• Letter of nomination
• An outline of the nominee’s career in economic development and detailed list of accomplishments (refer to EDA website for Adjudication Criteria)
• Three letters of commendation. One from the nominee’s current employer/organization, one from an economic development colleague outlining how the nominee has made a difference to the profession, and one from an industry stakeholder/partner
• Other information that may be relevant
• A digital photo of the nominee that can be used during the presentation ceremony