Economic Developers Alberta (EDA) is pleased to offer its next Marketing Masters Webinar, titled "Rural Economic Development/Main Street Renewal".
Redeploying stranded assets is an important part of economic development in small communities and rural towns. Underused and vacant stores and homes are opportunities. The reuse and development of underused properties is critical to the economic viability of towns and rural communities. All too often, communities chase sales and property tax revenues and fail to recognize the role of renewal as a tool for creating a sense of place based on a community's unique natural and cultural assets.
There is no silver bullet. It takes work. But, a lot of time can be wasted recreating the wheel. Use this webinar to explore models that are working today and to learn about trends in renewal and revitalization.
This webinar will look at renewal from two perspectives: an award winning success story, Artist Relocation Program in Paducah, KY and the Strait-Highlands Regional Development Agency's work to help community leaders replicate strategies that work to save the heart of a town and preserve its rare character.
Whether you call it economic development, redevelopment, or renewal the goal is the same-- bring economic vitality to a specific part of the community.
- Explore the unique "private/public" partnership required to succeed
- Investigate common lessons that can be applied anywhere
- Probe trends in small town and rural community renewal
- Learn how to replicate these best practice models for your community with a start to finish approach
- Lay the ground work: zoning, inventory, master plan, political will.
- Discover the market that fits your community. Fill a need and you will fill the spaces.
- Develop a process via incentives, property acquisition and development.
- Determine your plan for sustainability.
One person can make a difference. Will you be that one person in your community?
Bring your leadership team together to participate in this webinar and discuss a strategy for your community over lunch.
Steve Doolittle and Monica Bilak
Morgan and Dean LLC
Paducah, Kentucky, USA
Karen Malcolm, Senior Community Development Facilitator
Strait-Highlands Regional Development Agency
To register click here.